Monday, September 2, 2013

Why "Live Sugar?"

    For those of you who did not live with me for the past two years or attend my cousin's high school graduation party this blog name could seem a bit odd. How can someone live like an inanimate object? The phrase "live sugar" means so much more than the ingredient that makes my world go round. It is an anthem, a banner, a lifestyle.

   My college roommates and I went to Hobby Lobby when we first moved into our apartment to buy the little things that make up a home. When it came time to buy the flour and sugar canisters Hobby Lobby had two choices for us: a set of canisters labeled "sugar", "tea" and "coffee" and another set labeled "live,""laugh" and "love." What were we supposed to do with those choices? We bought the "live" and the "sugar" because it seemed the most logical choice given our situation.

  Upon arriving home, when we looked at our new purchases we realized the epicness of this new phrase. We needed to view and live life with a "sweeter point" of view. Live on the sweet side of life it you will. For example, I have a pretty major test tomorrow that I have been studying for all week. However, my pals want to go to Waffle House for a healthy late night binge. What should I do? Live sugar. I go to a new restaurant and there is a "dragon toes" entree option. Live Sugar. Last minute trip to the beach for the weekend? Live sugar.

   I will advise that with this motto comes great responsibility. One must never abuse it by throwing responsibility to the wind every single time. That lifestyle would be like adding whatever amount of sugar you want to a baking recipe. A very bad idea and a nasty cake. In small doses and with the right people 97% of scientists agree that living sugar equals a healthy balanced lifestyle.


                                                          Matching pj's? Live sugar.

               ...settle down and get a "real job" or go to Southeast Asia for three months? Live sugar.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Can't wait to read more about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, I dig the blog name. A most excellent and more memorable addition to "YOLO." "Live Sugar" is a sweeter (pun most assuredly intended) philosophy in that is encourages balance, whereas "YOLO" is kinda just idiotic at times. Kudos Bene.

    You (yes, you, random blog reader I do not know, but is probably pretty awesome if you're reading "Live Sugar" blog) can check out my adventuring blog as well here ----->http://feazelmissions.blogspot.com/ "Why would I read your blog random dude?" you may ask...well, live sugar ;)

    ReplyDelete